Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for a Solar Electrician for our Maintenance and Service group. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 20+ states and several U.S. territories. All monitoring and inbound customer service calls are handled in-house. We utilize a highly skilled team of technicians as well as third-party service partners, to maintain and service our fleet . The Solar Electrician’s primary responsibility is to support Operations & Maintenance activities by providing quick response to maintain the performance of the solar systems, provide excellent customer service to our Customers and ensure a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems.
• Perform maintenance and service tasks for solar customers in assigned territories
• Diagnose and repair solar systems and electrical components
• Evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty, design and other purposes
• Provide on-site, Tier 1 troubleshooting for solar systems
• Collaborate closely with engineering team to resolve technical issues
• Identify solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
• Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
• Provide training to service staff on how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
• Provide training to customers about process, usage, and maintenance
• Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicate and document progress to customer and relevant Sunnova employees
• Document key communications in appropriate Sunnova software
• Develop positive and professional relationships with channel partners and service only providers
• Develop knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
• Complete quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within reasonable timelines
• Maintain compliance with all Sunnova Safety policies and practices
• Residential/General Electrician license required
• Minimum of 3+ years electrical experience required, with 3+ years in the solar electric industry preferred
• Formal apprenticeship and/or vocational training
• Must possess a current, valid Driver’s license
• Working knowledge of the NEC required
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Must be willing to travel for some projects; overnight travel estimated up to 50%
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Very strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
• Projects a professional appearance
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
• Work postures include: reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulders
LOCATION: YOUR HOME OFFICE IN LOS ANGELES, CA
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.